South Melbourne’s ‘Egg’cellent Easter Market
A list of the top 15 Easterly things to do at the south Melbourne market this April!
This April, South Melbourne Market will celebrate Easter by doing what it does best - honour traditions and create new ones – so hop on down to Melbourne’s oldest permanent market, where people not only come to buy fresh produce, but also to eat, shop, discover, share and connect – with family, friends and their faith.
- Try the delicious Greek almond crescent biscuits kourabiedes from Emerald Deli.
- Sample the best cannoli outside of Italy from La Lapa or Steve’s Deli.
- Devour sourdough, organic, yeast-free Hot Cross Buns from St. George’s Bakery.
- Fill your Easter table with the freshest seafood from Aptus and South Melbourne Seafoods.
- Grab a dozen, fresh, free-range “googie eggs” from Babe’s Eggs
- Be one of the first to try pastry queen Agathe Kerr's Easter bicolour chocolate and ginger croissant, from Agathe Patisserie.
- Bring the kids along for the free Easter Egg Hunt.
- Tag along for the Easter Bunny’s hopping along Tour.
- Delight yourself in the roving jazz musicians, guaranteed to keep your toes tapping as you hit the market stalls
- Hit the Easter-themed face painting stalls in the Food Hall
- Fork a helping of the Roasted lamb at Kirkpatrick’s Meats
- Pick up a bottle of the traditional Italian Easter wine, Vin Santo, available at The Little Wine Shop
- Savour the traditional Greek sweet Tsoureki from John and Angela at Vangeli's Deli
- Add a touch of joy to your home with regal, white Easter lilies available from The Emerald Hill Florist
- Enter the Market’s most exciting competition for the chance to win a trip for 2 to EUROPE to visit Markets in London & Rome valued at over $8,900
Where: South Melbourne Market,
located on the corner of Coventry and Cecil Streets,
South Melbourne When: EASTER WEEK
Wednesday April 12: 8am - 4pm
Thursday April 13: 6am - 4pm
Good Friday April 14: Closed
Easter Saturday April 15: 8am - 4pm
Easter Sunday April 16: 8am - 4pm